Sunday, June 6, 2010

i heart faces!

Saturday I went to Chicago with my friend, Traci, for the first i heart faces Photo Walk. If you have never heard of i heart faces it is a photography site. Each week they have a photo challenge that anyone across the world can enter.


Well, this was their first organized walk in 20 other cities across America where other photographers were meeting and taking pictures of all sorts of things on their walks. Our Chicago group had about 12 (?). It was funny, 4 of us were teachers (2 others had been in education). All of us were amateurs, except Traci and our leader Randy. We met at the fountain there at Navy Pier and got acquainted. Then off we went! Snapping pictures....until it started to pour!! Luckily we had some shelter. We spent about 2 hours walking around and then the rain finally quit. By then we were famished! So we walked down to a market called Fox & Obel and had some yummy food.


I'm glad Traci talked me into going! I really went to learn more and have some fun! Here were some of the pictures I took.












I wasn't quite ready for this one, Traci! We were just checking out some lighting issues. :)



That's better!







2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time!! pictures look great!! Love you friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Chanelle. I didn't realize you were so good at this. Can you take good people pictures? =) I really want something creative and different for a family photo shoot. Not just the regular sit and smile, ya know? Not like you needed more work for your summer, eh? Seriously, think about it!

    ReplyDelete