Saturday, April 10, 2010

Two in One! Shedd Aquarium and Organizing

Got up early Thursday morning to go to the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. I thought Rob was nuts! He insisted we get there when the doors open. We left the house at 7:00 a.m. and arrived in Chicago at 8:21 (their time). We were the first car in the parking lot!! It didn't open till 9:00 but there was a line already for the one-day ticket holders so we stood in line shivering for about 20 minutes. Thankfully, the night before, Rob ended up getting us a membership on-line, with a family of 5 it is about the same price of tickets for a day. The membership line was empty so we were right up at the doors.

We were so thankful when the doors opened! We were freezing! So we got our wrist bands, tickets for the show, and headed on in. First, we checked out the Amazon. People were slowly trickling in. We still could look at everything without waiting. Then we went down to the Wild Reef. Nathan was in heaven! He wants to be a biologist but that means he probably won't be sticking around here! :(




By now it was time for the Fantasea Show. So we headed on in and got some good seats. There were lots of people now. My pictures didn't turn out very well. The flash had to be shut off and I didn't know what to do! (Can't wait until June! I am taking an on-line photography class with Karen Russell. Then I will be a pro! :)

When the show was over the Aquarium was packed! Surprisingly we ran into a couple people we knew. They both said that they were too late to get tickets to the Fantasea show. For us it was time for a snack, the kids were running out of steam. We finished up looking at the other areas and were ready to go. By the time we left you should have seen the line to get in!! It was all the way down the steps and down the sidewalk. I couldn't believe all the people. Guess my hubby knew what he was doing!

I talked Rob into going to Schaumburg for a little shopping. We ate at The Cheesecake Factory. Rob and I shared the Red Velvet Cheesecake! Sooooo yummy! Then we went to the Container Store and Ikea. I was so thrilled! :) I have been organizing all spring break and now I feel like I have control over all the paper clutter. Here are some of my accomplishments:

In the computer armoire I got some nice boxes to store things. My biggest problem is my husband. I'm finally teaching him that everything needs a "home". He just jokes about it but I am training him, just taking a long time! :)
I got this LifeStyles Drawer kit from The Container Store. It was so easy to put together!

These crates I just got at Walmart. I saw this idea on another organizing blog. For Nathan I just had a big tub and concocted my own files but it was really too big. I'm finding I need to just keep the really important stuff, not everything. Having a smaller file helps me to accomplish this and it looks cute!


Kelsi help me put in all the tabs. It is so weird to think of the years they will all graduate! Nate graduates in 2016, Kelsi 2021, and Karli 2024!

No comments:

Post a Comment