Thursday, April 22, 2010

Garden & Patio Wishes

This is just a quicky post. I need to get out and help Rob with mowing, which I really do love to do. Just put my headphones on and mow away with no distractions, for the most part.

Well, Kelsi likes to be outside helping with yard work also. She will go outside with Rob whenever he is out. I picked her up from Grandma Blucker's the other night and she was helping her dig around the trees. So you get the picture!

The other weekend she begged to stay overnight at Grandpa & Grandma Blucker's. While she was there they went to Bell's in Waky to get some plants. She has been asking about starting a garden and I said no. I used to have a little one. Here are a couple pictures I was able to find.




I did enjoy having one but it was so hard to get it planted at the end of the school year. Then harvesting at the beginning of the school year was stressful. So this is what it looks like now.



While Kelsi was with Grandma she talked her into buying a strawberry plant!! Bell threw in a few other plants on top of that! So.... guess what we need to do..... plant a garden!


So here are the projects for the summer:

Project #1: Build a little box garden for Kelsi to tend to this summer.

Project #2: Build a patio. (I've been waiting!)



I will try to keep you posted! Rob is not too happy with me posting this. Now he feels pressured! :)

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes a little pressure is good! We're doing a garden this year for the first time. Isaac is so excited about it. Happy planting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No added pressure Rob - but Scott built a pergola over the deck a couple weeks ago and is working on making raised gardens. :) I hated doing gardens when I was teaching too. But this year it is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete