Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sleeping Beauties

Awhile ago, on a shopping trip with the kids, Rob bribed the girls.

(He doesn't do that often....really! :)

At Old Navy the girls found these colorful, silky eye masks and HAD to have them.  Rob told the girls that he would buy them but ONLY if they wear them ALL the way home!

They were all over that!  Yep!  They were going to wear them all the way home!  :)

They did end up wearing them all the way home and eventually falling asleep in the car.
(Rob's sneaky little plan in the first place!)

The masks were handy, too, when I wanted to take a picture of them asleep in bed!
They weren't bothered at all when I turned on the lights to get a good picture!  :)



Well, tonight was funny and it goes along with my "Sleeping Beauties".


So tonight I told them both that if there is any talking I will shut off the music and nightlight.  

(I'm so mean, I know!)


See Karli likes to talk after they have been put to bed.  Most days she gets a two hour nap at the babysitters and does not settle down so easily.  She goes to bed but not to sleep!

Then Kelsi is soooo tired from her day at school, she just wants Karli to be quiet!  (Of course, there is complaining and it is just a battle!)

After awhile I start hearing this nonstop talking!  I yell down the hallway "Karli be quiet!  I am going to come back and shut off your music and lights!"  The next thing I hear is Kelsi shouting back, "But, Mom, it's me!  I am just telling Karli a story so that she will settle down and fall asleep!"

How can I say no to that!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment